The Associates are Advocates for a World of Discovery.
The Associates of the James Ford Bell Library is an independent, all-volunteer, non-profit membership and fundraising organization. The Associates support and promote the programs, collections, and public outreach of the James Ford Bell Library at the University of Minnesota. The Bell Library is home to a wonderful and renowned collection of books, maps, and manuscripts — all rare items from the ancient world to the early 1800s.
The collection documents international trade, global exploration, and cross-cultural interaction. The Associates’ activities help promote the use of the Library to a global audience that includes scholars, students, and the public.
Your membership will help the Associates as we continue to serve and support the Library. Its collections and programs inspire greater awareness of the world in which all citizens live, work, and connect — a world of discovery!
The Associates of the James Ford Bell Library serve and promote the Library’s collections and programs to its global audience of scholars, teachers, and the public. The benefits of membership are many, and include:
- E-bulletins, timely updates, and announcements
- Invitations to the annual lecture and other learning opportunities
- Invitations to Associates-hosted receptions and events
- Invitations to members-only seminars and informal Associates-sponsored events
- Members-only opportunities to view and learn about the collections, including newly-acquired objects
- Invitations to unique curator-hosted seminars